Frequently Asked Questions
What is Hattori Hanzo Shears?
Hattori Hanzo Shears is the largest retailer of hair shears in the world. We focus on selling shears, texturizers, and accessories to licensed cosmetologists and barbers. In addition to selling shears, we’re also one of the largest hair cutting education organizations in the world. We’re also the single largest shear sharpening firm in the world–sharpening well over 100,000 pairs of shears each year in our California-based headquarters.
Are Hattori Hanzo Shears made from Japanese steel?
Yes! Hattori Hanzo Shears are made from certified Japanese steel. Raw materials testing and certification was conducted by Takaya Co. Ltd. of Japan and their certification is available in PDF format here:
Where can I buy Hattori Hanzo Shears?
Hattori Hanzo Shears can be purchased in one of four ways:
- Via our on-site territory Hanzo sales representatives. You can request a visit from a Hanzo rep by calling our customer support team at 916.790.5291
- Through our in-house corporate sales team at 916.790.5291
- From our Education Team at one of the 3300 classes we offer yearly at schools, salons, barber shops, and hair shows.
- Online at our web store located at www.hanzo.com
What countries are Hattori Hanzo Shears offered in?
Hattori Hanzo Shears are currently offered in the following countries:
- We primarily do business in the United States and Canada
- We also do international hair shows and cutting education in Australia and the United Kingdom.
How much are Hattori Hanzo Shears?
Our shears range in price from $318 all the way up to over $3200. With our flexible payment plans and multi-shear and pay-in-full incentives, we have a shear available for the particular budget of every stylist and barber.
What are Hanzo shears made of?
Hattori Hanzo Shears are made of certified Japanese steel.
Are Hattori Hanzo shears good?
As the “shear of choice” for over 100+ of the best hairstylists and barbers in the world on the Hattori Hanzo Shears Education Team, we feel qualified to say that–in our opinion–there are no better shears anywhere else in the world.
How do Hattori Hanzo shears compare?
In order for any stylist or barber to truly feel the difference of our shears and compare them to another brand, we feel it is better to let the shears speak for themselves. That is why we created the Hanzo Test Drive. It will allow you to feel completely confident in the purchase you are making, because we never want a stylist to purchase something they don’t love.
Does Hanzo offer student shears?
Yes! We offer a range of shears and texturizers that are geared towards the student learner in hair and barber schools. Talk with our Director of Education Andrew Reeves and he can provide you with more information on our line of student shears. You can contact Andrew at email@example.com
Does Hanzo offer payment plans?
Yes! All of our payment plans are offered at 0% interest and you can pay off your shears whenever you like. Simply pick the down payment you are most comfortable with (minimum 10%), and your monthly payment option will automatically be adjusted based on the number of shears you purchased. The most popular option is a 4 shear set which will save you $275 off the purchase price and allow up to 18 months no interest!
How to care for Hanzo shears.
Rather than tell you, we can show you! Take a look at this video and it will walk you through the process of disassembling, maintaining your shears, and reassembling and assuring they are properly tensioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c34kX-ZWtfU
Why should I have Hanzo sharpen my shears?
- The backbone of Hattori Hanzo Shears is our ability to take any Japanese style shear and bring it back to life with our precise, ultra-non-abrasive, sharpening and shaping system.
- We have local representatives across the nation to provide a concierge service when you need a sharpening
- If you don’t have a Hanzo rep in your territory, just call us at 916.790.5291 and we can help! When you purchase a sharpening we will email you a prepaid shipping label. All you have to do is print the label, pack your shears, affix the label and drop it off with your local USPS mail carrier.
- Our master sharpeners will not only restore a better-than-factory edge to your shears but they also understand that honing is a very delicate process that requires you to understand when the “sharpening burr” has been removed. You can have a great sharpening job on the blade, but if that blade isn’t honed correctly, it will never be as sharp as it could.
- We also guarantee the quality of all our sharpenings should your shear be lost or damaged during transit.
How can I arrange to have my shears sharpened by Hanzo?
Just talk with your Hanzo rep and they can arrange your sharpening service for you. If you don’t currently have a Hanzo rep in your area, call us at (916) 790-5291 and we’d be happy to take care of arranging your sharpening service over the phone.
What is the warranty policy on non-Hanzo sharpenings?
- Each Hattori Hanzo Shear is a finely crafted handmade tool. We put as much care into the care and maintenance of your shear as we did during the manufacturing of your shear.
- Our sharpeners are trained to our own exacting specifications and we use only the finest equipment and supplies qualified to maintain your scissors.
- Because sharpening standards vary widely from region to region, we cannot guarantee the same level of care or attention to detail if you obtain your sharpening from a non-Hanzo sharpener.
- As such, we can only guarantee your lifetime shear warranty (that your shear will be free of material and workmanship defects) so long as it has only been maintained and sharpened by Hattori Hanzo Shears.
- Because warranty coverage ends when the product becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material–and many of these defects can be introduced during sharpening provided by personnel NOT trained by Hattori Hanzo–getting your Hanzo shear serviced by a non-Hanzo sharpener will void your shear’s lifetime warranty.
What comes with Hanzo shears when you buy them?
Your shears will ship with a shear case, a shear tensioning device, and instructions on how to properly care for and maintain your shears.
Will dry cutting dull Hanzo shears?
Hattori Hanzo offers a dry cutting line of shears that are specifically engineered for dry cutting, and will last longer than a classic “wet-cutting” shear.
What is Hattori Hanzo Shears' return policy?
Hattori Hanzo Shears guarantees your satisfaction. If our product fails to meet your satisfaction for any reason, we will give you a full refund within 15 days of receiving your order, or allow an exchange within 30 days. Hattori Hanzo Shears allows one exchange per product purchased, and such exchange can be applied toward a similar Hanzo product of equal or greater value. Items exchanged outside of the 15-day return period are not eligible for return or secondary exchange. Products being returned must be received within 15 days of return initiation in order to be eligible for refund.
Outside of the USA: International orders are not eligible for return, but may be exchanged within 30 days subject to a 10% restocking fee.
We offer two convenient return/exchange options:
1. Call the corporate office to generate a return label for you. (916) 790-5291
2. Contact your local representative to pick up your shear.
Please allow 10 business days to fully process a return.
Can I work for Hattori Hanzo Shears?
Yes! We have many different kinds of positions and we’re always looking for great people. From working in-house at our Sacramento-area based headquarters to working in the field as a Hanzo sales representative, there are a lot of different options to work for us. If you’re interested in a career at Hanzo, take a look at our Careers page and you can also search Glassdoor under Hattori Hanzo Shears for opportunities in our El Dorado Hills office.
What is the link to Hattori Hanzo Shears Instagram?
You can find Hattori Hanzo Shears on Instagram at http://instagram.com/hanzonation
What is the link to Hattori Hanzo Shears Facebook page?
You can find Hattori Hanzo Shears on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hanzonation
What is the link to Hattori Hanzo Shears Youtube page?
You can find Hattori Hanzo Shears on Youtube at http://youtube.com/hattorihanzoshears